2 packages (8 oz. each) cream cheese, softened
1/2 cup sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla
1 tablespoon sprinkles + 1/2 teaspoon sprinkles
6 “Birthday Cake” Oreo cookies (or any flavor you desire), coarsely chopped; divided into 1/2 cup and the rest set aside
1 Oreo pie crust (6 oz.) or make your own
Home-made OREO crust:
30 “Birthday Cake” Oreo cookies (or any flavor you desire)
1/4 cup butter or margarine, melted
For the crust (if making your own):
1. Process 30 cookies in a food processor until finely ground. (NOTE: I didn’t have a food processor, so I just put them in a large ziploc bag and crushed them using a rolling pin. If you don’t have a rolling pin, I’m sure you have something laying around that will do the job. Chop up the cookies beforehand to speed up the process.)
2. Add the melted butter to the crushed cookies and mix well.
3. Press the mixture into the bottom of a 9-inch springform pan. Make sure to pack it down a much as possible. (NOTE: Obviously, you can use a pie pan/dish. I just didn’t have one either.)
For the filling:
1. Preheat oven to 325°F.
2. In a large bowl, combine the cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla and beat with a mixer until blended. Add eggs and mix just until blended.
3. Stir in 1/2 cup chopped cookies and 1 tablespoon sprinkles.
3. Pour the filling onto the crust. Sprinkle 1/2 teaspoon sprinkles and remaining chopped cookies on top.
4. Bake for 35 to 40 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool. (NOTE: If using a springform pan, run small knife around rim of pan to loosen cake and remove the rim.) Refrigerate for 3 hours.